Happy August everyone! I am not even sure if any one reads this space anymore My doing though, my blog hiatuses have been so unpredictable and long that even I thought that I may no longer return to do this thing…but still here I am
And plus today seemed like a good day to restart since its the first of a new month and that always brings new hope.
I am obsessed with Mexican food, I eat Mexican at least 3x’s/week and I love how close to Indian flavors it is and guacamole does not hurt anybody right
This bowl that I created a few days back is no recipe but mainly an idea and so so good, I wanted to make and ravish another serving right there.
Here’s what I did,
- 1 sliced roasted red pepper
- 2/3 cup cooked “sausage” crumbles ( i used morning star farms)
- 1/2 cup navy bean (You could use any beans)
- shredded romaine lettuce
- Hot sauce ( I made my own using Kelsey’s essentials recipe and would highly recommend it)
- Greek yogurt to top
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- I charred my own red pepper in the broiler but if you don’t want to you can use the store bought kind.
- I also made my own hot sauce which is Kelsey’s essentials recipe and it is the bomb.
- Assemble the bowl with the lettuce and sausage crumbles on the bottom, followed by beans, red pepper, hot sauce and topping of yogurt.
- So clean and delicious.
- If you wan’t to make it more flavorful, you could use some vinaigrette but I didn’t think it was necessary.
As I said this is just clean meal idea that can be thrown together and is big on flavors.
See you soon!